Pranayama, Ayurveda, Neurological/Digestive/Hormonal/Immune systems
Dates: Saturday,16th- Wednesday, 20th November 2013
Each module may also be attended individually. Further details visit http://www.yogainstitute.com.au/svastha-yoga-therapy-training
First Aid training is an essential component for yoga teachers in Australia and a mandatory requirement for membership to the Australian Yoga Teacher's Association. This course is conducted by Ian Wood, an accredited First Aid Trainer and High School teacher.
Ian's Apply First Aid (formerly known as Senior First Aid) and Perform CPR training courses are very practical and hands on making material relevant. What sets his course apart from its competitors is that he's up-to-date with new course delivery techniques and gets the best results for his students, making the training informative, interesting and above all Simple!
This Yoga Institute First Aid course is appropriate for:
* Yoga Teachers who are required to complete an accredited First Aid course.
* Yoga Teachers who are required to re-new their current accreditation (must have current Apply First Aid or Senior First Aid Certificate or a Certificate that is less than 12 months expired. No precourse work required – certificate must be sighted by instructor).
* Yoga Teachers who require completion of the annual CPR component.
Note: Participants who have never completed a First Aid course OR if their certificate is out of date, need to complete a workbook prior to the course date. Evidence of completed workbooks is a pre-requiste in receiving accreditation.
Access to the online workbook is available from http://allenstrainingonline.com.au/ Set up your own account (create a login and password) at your own convenience and complete at least 2 days prior to attending the course. When you have completed the online workbook (you must have a green tick next to each topic showing you have completed 100% of the workbook), print a copy of the completion certificate and bring to the course you are attending. If choosing the paper workbook it must be completed fully and handed in at the end of the face-to-face instruction.
Your full First Aid certificate is valid for 3 years, however as a requirement of the Yoga/Fitness Industry standards, you need to review the CPR module every 12 months.
DATE: Sunday 19th May 2013
- Apply First Aid Course: 10:00am to 2:30pm
- CPR component only: 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Apply First Aid Course: $135 (inc gst)
- CPR component only: $50 (inc gst)
LOCATION: Level 1, 498 Miller Street Cammeray (Sydney)
Bookings are essential and pre-payment is required to secure your place. Please refer to our Payments page for Payment Options. Contact us to reserve your place. Limited numbers available.
The 1 day course will include face-to-face practical training and instruction. There will be a short multiple choice theory test, during and towards the end of the face-to-face session. The questions are relevant to what you have learnt in class and your workbook.
What you need to bring:
- If completing your First Aid certificate for the first time or because certificate has expired; completion certificate from online workbook or completed paper workbook
- If renewing First Aid certificate; unexpired First Aid certificate (less than 12 months)
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Form of identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card).
On completion of the course all students will receive an A4 certificate and a plastic wallet card that is valid for 3 years from the course completion date.